In eastern Serbia, the municipality of Boljevac extends between the mountain wreaths of Kuča, Samanjac, Rtanj, Tumba, Slemena and Tupižnica in the Timok Krajina valley.
It is surrounded by the municipalities of Sokobanja, Ražanj, Paracin, Despotovac, Bor, Zajecar and Knjazevac. Despite the dominating mountainous regions, the area of the municipality of Boljevac is relatively well connected by road roads. The main corridor Paraćin-Zaječar crosses the municipality east-west and across the Stolica pass (601 m) connects the Timok valley with Pomoravlje, or the Belgrade-Niš highway. Through the passage of Lukavica and Rasinac, at the branches of Rtanj, Boljevac is connected with the Sokobanja basin, and through the wreath of Vlaska Kapa with the Knjazevac region.The relief basically has a mountain character. A smaller part of the territory of the municipality, towards the northeast, the Black Timok valley, occupy a low hinterland and the surface, which caused a better infrastructure connection of the territory of the municipality with the Zajecar basin and other parts of the Timocki basin. The Black Timok valley, in the southwest-northeast direction, cuts the municipality into two parts, of which the northern part is higher and more spacious, but rarely inhabited (6 settlements), while the south is lower, smaller in size but inhabited (13 settlements).
- archaeological findings,
- sacred objects (churches and monasteries),
- works with monuments and artistic properties
- works of painting, sculpture and applied art,
- monuments of national construction,
- famous places.
- cultural institutions - cultural education center, library, theater, cinema, cultural centers, folklore groups are the basis for organizing cultural life in the municipality.
Boljevac, as a settlement on today's territory, is created after the construction of the café A.Gramanidis in 1762 and the education of a small charisma on the road Paracin-Zaječar, along the Arnaute River. Changed socio-economic conditions after the departure of the Turks and the attachment of the Timocka krajina to Serbia led to the creation of a new village in the town.